Thursday, September 23, 2010

Why can't I have enough courage to stop bullying?

I haven't seen bullying many times, but there was this one time when I saw bullying. Yes, here at ISKL. The clock hit 2:45 and it was time to go. I went to my locker and packed up my bag with my homework and stuff. Most of my friends took bus, but I didn't. I took the car to and from school. Well anyways, I walked pass the busing place and said bye to my friends as they walked down to the buses. I continued to walk towards the car park. As I was walking I noticed something that didn't look right. Oh my gosh! As I turned my head towards the left slowly I noticed that there was this guy bullying this other boy.                                            
                                                    
For a while I had thought that he was just joking around, but I could see the other boy's face and he didn't look so good. I kept walking, trying hard not to let the guy notice that I was looking at im. I couldn't take it. I just had to see what was going on. What if something bad was happening? But if there was, there would be no point of me trying to help because I wouldn't be able to stop it and it might even cause more trouble if I try, which I know I can't.

                         
As I was walking I couldn't help, but turn my head and look at what that guy was doing. I couldn't tell what the guy had done, but I'm pretty sure I had a good idea because the boy that was being bullied was like covering his stomach and he looked like he was in so much pain. Then, the bully was about to kick the guy and I could tell he could see me looking at him. So before he kicked the guy I turned my head as fast as I could so that he didn't see me. I didn't get to see him kick him, though. Then, I just walked to my car and I kept this incident all to myself.

What should I have done instead of just stare? Well not really even stare. More like imagined it wasn't happening because I was so scared. Well these guys were high schoolers so I knew I couldn't fight back, but I could have gone and told someone. Instead, I just walked away, feeling bad for that boy, but it didn't seem like I really cared because I just walked away as if nothing happened. So I would have gone and told someone.

I have 2 goals for this year. One is that I should not make anybody feel bad or also known as bully anyone. Making people feel bad is not a good thing because you probably won't want other people to make you feel bad. Another goal of mine is to be courageous and do the right thing. If I ever see anyone being bullied I will either tell them to stop or I will tell someone. If I am ever being bullied I will tell the person to stop or I will just walk away.





No comments:

Post a Comment