
Being a profile L, there are things that I have to do that will help me learn a lot better. For example, I learn best when I rock back and forth on my chair. It could get distracting for me sometimes, but it won't really ever get too bad and sometimes it would actually help me learn in some ways. Another thing that helps me when I learn is when I have something in my hands to just play around with. I don't really pay attention to it, but it just moves around in my hand, but then sometimes, without realizing you start paying more and more attention to it and soon enough you're not listening to the teacher anymore and then after a while you start listening again, but you have no idea what he or she is talking about. I also would probably learn best sitting on the right side of the room because I use my right eye more and my right ear. Learning is easier for me when things are done more creative, like in pictures or examples. I find it hard to learn step by step and only by words and writing. I also think playing games is a great way for me to learn. Those are definitely the best ways for me to learn.
As a profile L there are things things that I have to do in order to even be able to learn. One example, as I said before, I need to learn with pictures and examples. It's very hard for me to understand with just words. For example, in P.E when Mr. Smith tells us to do something in Gymnastics like some sort of balance, he will always show us first because when he just tells us I don't understand, but then he gives us an example and than I start to understand. I also need to move while I'm learning or while I'm doing work. Especially, with chairs. I always have to lift my chair off the ground or spin in it. With spinny chairs and rolling chairs I still can work. I keep moving in them and spinning in them, but it does get quite distracting sometimes. Like sometimes you feel like your about to fall so instead of focusing on what the teacher is teaching, instead you're trying to balance the weight of your chair so that you don't fall over. Things like this can be distracting, but at the same time it also helps me learn.
There are many strategies I can use to learn better in class. I think I should make sure that my chair doesn't distract me too much. I also should keep all my things put away and out of reach so that I don't take it and make it distract me, even though sometimes it can actually help me while learning. I could move, but as long as I don't distract people or more importantly, don't distract myself. I could also try using my non dominant body features, such as maybe write with my left hand, look with my left eye or even kick with my left foot. All these ways could help me in many different ways.
According to what profile I am I thought my teachers might already know something about me, but as much as my profile says about me I still would like them to understand more things about me. My brain side is the Gestalt side and that means that I would like to take things more easier and not do everything in too much of an order. When I try doing things in order it actually kind of puts me a little bit under stress. Especially with schedules. For example, sometimes for the weekends I make schedules to wake up early and actually not waste my day by spending half of it sleeping. So I set my alarm for a really early time, but then in the morning when my alarm rings I just can't wake up to it. I don't know why, but my body just needs more rest. I can't even move. Then, I wake up like 3 hours later, thinking I still have time to follow my schedule, but then I realize that I actually don't have enough time. So I get all upset because I really tried to actually do something better, but it didn't work. I also want teachers to understand that I learn best when things are done more creatively, other than in words. It makes it easier to understand. In fact I like doing projects because it's actually a time where I can be creative and actually express myself. The best part is that the grade you end up with will cost as much or even more than an actual test. To me, it actually seems like projects and stuff are things that the Gestalt people would enjoy more and do better on and tests and stuff are things that the Logical people would do better on. So it actually seems like a thought through plan. It's doing something that everyone would be able to do. When I was younger I used to watch a show called "Hannah Montana" and I remember there was this one episode where she had a test that was on the Human Body, but she didn't know anything about it and she was really bad at it. So she took something that she was good at [dancing] and she mixed it with the information. So she made a dance routine that helped her do good on the test. So she used her creativity to do good on something logical. So that's another great way to learn. Take something your good at and mix it together with something your bad at and you suddenly just become good at it. So those are the really important things that you should know about me.
No comments:
Post a Comment