Thursday, November 18, 2010

Collaborate Constructively- Good or Bad?

Working together can be fun, but can also be challenging. The good thing is that you can meet new people and also learn new things about them. It also gives you a break from so much hard work, but it doesn't mean you should stop working hard. It means that you and your partner or group can all finish a task together, while you still put the same amount of effort. It also gives you an oppurtunity to have fun while working, but it doesn't mean you should focus less on work and more on any other topic. When I work in groups I feel like I put more effort into my work because I know that I'm doing it with a friend so it makes me feel like it's more fun to do it together than alone so I still put a lot of effort, but I feel a lot more confident. When I work alone I feel bored and lonely which doesn't make me feel so confident. I also put a lot more effort because I really don't want to let my partners down.

Although it's fun to work with other people it can also be a bit hard. You won't always agree on the same things. You'll think in different ways and that's fine. It's actually better because you get new ideas and eventually you will come up with something that both of you will agree on. Another challenging thing is that you will most likely get distracted by each other. You'll keep talking to each other. It's okay once in a while, but sometimes it happens too much which isn't so good and you will eventually have to find a way to not get distracted. So working together is a great oppurtunity, but don't let things get in your way.

The book I'm reading is a great book and it has a really interesting plot. Everything to me is starting to make sense. My predictions weren't all true. First of all, I thought Zacharia was a bad guy, but it turns out he was a good guy. Captain Jaggery is a cruel captain after all. Zacharia's words were true about the captain. Other than that the book seems really interesting to me and there isn't anything in particular that I learned about the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment