Sunday, November 7, 2010

Do Literature Circles Really Actually Help Me? (True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle)

You might think Literature Circles are boring and a waste of time, but once you get in your group and discuss you realize how much you would be missing out if you didn't do Literature Circles. How does discussion help you understand? Why can't you just read the book yourself and share your ideas with yourself? You can't do that because than you won't be learning anything new. When you work in groups you hear other peoples' ideas and you realize new things. Sometimes I don't read everything carefully in the book and when somebody brings it up in the discussion I realize something new. Also when you have a discussion in groups you can hear your group members thoughts from their point of view. Discussion isn't the most fun thing to do, but you learn new things and that's all that really matters.

In our discussion on the book True Confessions Of Charlotte Doyle we made many connections. One of my connections was when Charlotte found out that the other families weren't coming. Something like that happened to me before. Me and my friend had planned something, but my friend didn't show up. That was one of my connections to the story. The other members of my groups also had really interesting connections. I also think that connections explain the story from other peoples' points of view. So connections are also really important during a discussion.

What is going to happen? What are my predictions? One of my predictions in my Literature Circle book is that I think Zacharia is planning something because what time of man would give a 13 year old girl a knife? I think he is setting something up. I also think that Captain Jaggery is a bad man and is also planning something. I just have to wait and see what happens in the rest of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment