My Name
What is the meaning of my name? Why is Aishah even my name? Well the name Aishah is an Arabic name which means ‘Alive’ or ‘She who lives’. I love the name Aishah for many reasons. First of all, I think it’s different compared to some other names. I don’t know so many people with the same name as me. Another thing I like about my name is that it starts with an ‘A’ because my, my brother’s and my sister’s names all start with an ‘A’, so we’re kind of like the ‘A’ family. When I was younger I didn’t really like my name. I didn’t want a different name compared to everybody else. I didn’t really have a particular name that I wanted to change to, but I just didn’t want to be called Aishah. Now, I actually like the name Aishah. I realized it is actually better to be different.I don’t think I have ever been teased about my name. I haven’t had some serious nicknames, but some of my friends in my old school and some of my relatives call me ‘Shah’ or ‘Shashah’. I like being called that and I actually respond to it. My Skype name also includes my nickname. I asked my mum how she chose the name Aishah for me and she told me she looked in the book of names and she liked the name Aishah and she also liked the meaning of the name so that’s how she chose it.
A lot of people sometimes spell my name without an ‘H’ at the very end. Yes, I understand that people are trying to write my name even if they spell it like that, but do I like it when they spell it like that? No, I don’t. Even though it’s not their fault, I still find it frustrating sometimes. I especially hate it when people I’m close to or I’ve known for a long time, spell it like that. Something else about my name is that sometimes people call me ‘Aieesha’. Not spelled like that, but pronounced like that. Like my humanities teacher last year called me ‘Aieesha’ throughout the first half of the year. I was really used to that name because people in my past schools have called me that also, and I do respond to that name. Then, I finally decided to tell him how it was really pronounced. From now on, I have told most of my teachers how to pronounce it and they have all pronounced it correctly.
No comments:
Post a Comment