Monday, February 20, 2012

Being A Victim

'Some people say that what makes a person a victim is they have limited or NO options about how to act.'

In some cases, I do agree with this, but I also don't agree. I wouldn't agree because, for example, when somebody is being bullied, they do have lots of choices, but I think it's being under pressure that influences the choices people make. You could tell a teacher, but you're too scared to. You could stand up for yourself, but that's even scarier. Those are still options, though, but you just choose not to go with those options because you're afraid of what might happen. However, with the Jews it was different. After the government started not letting emigration, the Jews really didn't have any more choices. There was nothing else they could do to end what the Nazis were doing to them. They just had to put up with what was happening. So my choice goes more towards disagreeing with this statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment