At my first glance at The Eternal Jew I immediately was confused. I had no idea what this image could possibly mean. That was my first glance, though. So after actually looking at it and observing all the little details, lots of it started to make more sense to me. Some general things that I noticed were that there were German words on it, which, as mentioned in the title, meant The Eternal Jew. Something a bit deeper into the image that I noticed was that he looked like he was holding coins. I thought this was because the Nazis wanted to show the people with 'German blood' that the Jews wanted to take all the money and that they just wanted to take over Germany. Another observation that I made was that the background was really bright and the Jew was wearing really dark clothing. This could maybe mean that the Jews didn't mean anything when they were in a background of Nazis.I think this is supposed to be a poster created by the Nazi Party. And I think it was made when the Nazis had a lot more followers than they did in the beginning. The intended audience would probably be the people with 'German blood'. The Nazi Party wanted to show that the Jews were trying to take over Germany and take all the money. They wanted to show to the 'Pure Germans' that the Jews weren't good people and that they were greedy and taking everything they could. And that if the Jews ruled Germany, they would just take all the money and that Germany would be better if the Nazis were ruling.
Some misleading information would be that this Jew looked like he wasn't enjoying anything. I think the Nazi Party exaggerated this picture a bit because even though the Jews were living a tough life that nobody wanted to live in, it wasn't an extremely horrible one. It was only horrible because the Nazis made it horrible. The Nazi Party made it seem as if this person looked horrible because they were a Jew, but it was really because the Nazis were the ones giving the Jews a hard time.
No comments:
Post a Comment